The days/weeks leading up to Easter Sunday (4/17), also known as Holy/Passion Week, is a wonderful time of encouraging children to understand the significance of the days before Christ’s suffering and the HOPE we have through His resurrection. We'll be using 9 different symbols inside the egg carton to illustrate the story. For this week we are focusing on teaching children to embrace Easter and five accounts of the story of Jesus:
1. Donkey & Palm: Jesus' triumphal entry in Matthew 21:1-11
2. Washing Feet: Jesus' love toward the disciples in Matthew 26:14-39
3. Cup & Bread: Jesus' last supper with the disciples in Matthew 26:26-28
4. Praying Hands: Jesus' praying in the garden before he was arrested in Matthew 26:36-38.
5. 30 Silver Coins: Jesus was betrayed in Matthew 15.
Hope you can talk and dialogue with your child about what they'd learned from devotion as they learn the history and story of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love expressed to us on the cross.